HOSPICE BEREAVEMENT VOLUNTEER
Title: Hospice Bereavement Volunteer
Reports To: Volunteer Coordinator and Bereavement Coordinator
Our hospice program is seeking compassionate Bereavement Volunteers to join our team! You will receive hands-on experience working with our chaplains and Bereavement Coordinator to provide grief support to families following the passing of a loved one. Responsibilities include but are not limited to placing bereavement calls to the surviving family members of patients who have died, providing information on the bereavement program, and assisting to identify bereaved individuals in need of one-on-one counseling.
Location: Sacramento office or work from home
- Mature individual, supportive of the hospice concept, comfortable with his/her own belief system
- Compassionate attitude
- Maintains open communication with bereavement team members, reporting events or changes of concern to the Bereavement Coordinator
- Respects family belief system
- Able to respect patient confidentiality – demonstrate understanding of HIPPA
- Able to maintain appropriate and professional boundaries with patients
- Able to listen and practice patience
- Able to accurately record documentation of bereavement activity in a spreadsheet
Fill out this form if you are interested in becoming a Bereavement Volunteer at Blossom Ridge. If you have questions, please contact Volunteer Coordinator, Haley Monroe via email: email@example.com or call 916-956-4627.